High temperature storage system
- The Menion stores electricity locally as high-temperature 650 °C heat. It’s built to purpose, meaning the stored thermal energy can either be used as heat or, with the help of an optional steam turbine, converted back into electricity.
LUMENION STORAGE SYSTEM
- Storing of energy thermally
- At 650°C in storage medium steel
- Charging for 8h out of 48h allows us to continuously supply thermal energy with temperature level of 80-550°C for approximately 48 hours
- Charging to discharging ratio of 1-5 to 3-5 depending on application
- 2 modes of usage: Power-2-Heat or Power-2-Heat & Power
POWER-2-HEAT & POWER
- high efficiency due to the CHP principle
With our unbeatable low system cost we revolutionise the energy market.
Unmatched efficiency of 95% (25% electric, 70% thermal) due to the CHP principle.
With our technology we speed up the transition to a carbon-free energy supply. Rapid scalability due to existing supply chains (metal industries, energy technology).
Superior system durability of over 40 years.
All components of our systems can be recycled after use.
Bye, bye CO2
Combined Heat and Power Storage Systems are uniquely suited to help achieve international decarbonisation goals by bringing dispatchable clean energy to both power and heat sectors.