SHOWCASE 1: FOOD INDUSTRY
- Example: Processing plant for organic frozen vegetables with a production capacity of 10 tons per hour.
- The plant is operated in a highly efficiently and CO2-neutral way.
- Wind turbines within close geographical reach can be connected directly to the storage system.
- Our solution: 40 MWh Lumenion-high temperature storage system + steam turbine + electrolizer.
SHOWCASE 2: CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
- Example: Refinery in Northern Germany with wind turbines in close proximity
- 5 GWh Lumenion-high temperature storage system
- 100 MW discharging power (thermal)
- Charging power of 500 MW
Key Reasons for Lumenion
– Low LCOS < 5 ct/kWh
– up to 95% efficiency
– High resale value and system life time > 40 years
– Material value of steel reduces invest risk
– High energy density reduces geographical footprint
– High scalability due to existing supply chains (steel industry) and key components (steam turbine)
– Experienced team